Skip to Main Content

Social Work Program Resources: Journal Articles

Research guide for BSW and MSW students and faculty

Social Work Journals

Full-text Social Work titles available in ProQuest Central: 

Canadian Social Work Review     

Canadian Journal of Social Work Education  

Child & Adolescent Social Work Journal     

Children & Schools 

Clinical Social Work Journal     

Health & Social Work     

Journal of Social Work Education 

Journal of Social Work Practice 

Journal of Social Work Research and Evaluation     

School Social Work Journal 

Smith College Studies in Social Work     

Social Work     

Social Work Abstracts     

Social Work and Christianity     

Social Work Chronicle 

Social Work Research 

Databases for Social Work articles

Use ProQuest Central for the biggest selection of journal titles and subjects. This database serves as the central resource for researchers at all levels. Covering more than 175 subject areas, ProQuest Central is the largest aggregated database of periodical content. This online reference resource features a highly-respected, diversified mix of content including scholarly journals, trade publications, magazines, books, newspapers, reports and videos. 

Click on "Advanced Search" to put in more keyword options. Make sure you click on "Full text" and "Peer reviewed" in the "Limit to" section which appears underneath the search boxes. 

If the link above doesn't work, go to the library's homepage ( , choose the "Services" drop-down menu and then choose "Articles & Databases." From there, choose "School of Social Work" and scroll down the page until you see ProQuest Central. If you're off campus you'll be prompted for your JCSU username and password. Your JCSU username is your email address and your password is your email password.

Looking for a Journal

To see if JCSU subscribes to a particular journal, begin here:

Find journals by title or ISSN

Search Google Scholar

Google Scholar Search

Interlibrary Loan: Get articles in journals not at JCSU

You have searched journal databases and found some references. You find that JCSU does not have the full article. Now what???

You can use Interlibrary Loan (ILL). ILL is a service that allows you to request copies of articles in journals that we do not own. Here's what you do:

  1. Go here to make an online Interlibrary Loan Request
  2. Scroll down to the part of the form that says "Use this section to request a journal article"
  3. Fill out as much information as you can about the article you need (title, journal, date, volume, issue, page numbers)
  4. Submit the form

Processing time varies, depending on our work load and that of the lending library. Most articles arrive in 3-7 working days.

Questions? Call Brandon Lunsford
University Archivist
(704) 371-6741